I have ALWAYS wanted a top hat but have never been satisfied with the felt ones you get at amusement parks that have weird colors and look like The Cat in the Hat rejected them....
in this step by step guide i walk you through how to build a top hat such as mine.
PLEASE read the discriptions as i did not photograph everything
Step 1: Needed!
Paper and Pen, Sketch out how you want it to look, try different angles and styles until you figure out what exactly you want.
1. poster board, manila folders, card stock, anything you can use to cut, staple, tape, glue to make a working, fitted prototype.
2. stiff wire, something if you bend it will hold its shape
3. pencil, pen, markers
4. tape, glue and/or staples
5. razor pen
1. Leather, i recommend you use 3oz leather
2. razor knife
3. fine point sharpie
4. Sewing Machine and thread