When my fiancee and I made the ugly Christmas poncho in this Instructable we were able to reuse many old items from around our apartment. But, I did a little shopping and you can pick up the supplies needed for this project at any major department store.
Materials and Equipment:
- A red tree skirt, preferably one with hook-and-loop fasteners to make putting on and taking off the ugly Christmas sweater much easier.
- Some green garland. I opted for some very ugly shiny garland with large plastic disks.
- A battery-operated string of blinking, multicolored lights.
- A star-shaped ornament of some kind.
- Some silver or gold ribbon or decorative string.
- Sewing supplies - needle, thread, scissors, etc.
- Optional but recommended: a sewing machine.