Introduction: Marinated Squash and Roasted Pepper Salad
This is a wonderfully light, tasty vegetable salad.
It's great for picnics, and a perfect way to use up your garden's oversupply of summer squashes!
~2 cups diced zucchini (~1cm cubes)
~2 cups diced yellow squash (~1cm cubes)
1 large or 2 small onions, minced
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped (I used marinated peppers from a jar)
salt & pepper to taste
- Chop and saute each of the squashes separately, cooking them over medium heat until they are just soft and cooked through but NOT becoming mushy. Add to mixing bowl.
- Chop and saute the onions until browned, then deglaze the pan with sherry and cook down for a couple more minutes until pan is dry again.
- Chop roasted peppers, and combine all vegetables.
- Make vinaigrette, and toss over the vegetables.
- Marinate 10 mins to overnight
- Taste, and adjust salt & pepper seasonings.
- Serve at room temperature.
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1 T orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup white wine, cider, or champagne vinegar
1 t dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, grated (I use a microplane for this)
1 T extra virgin olive oil
sprinkle of dried herbs (oregano, thyme, etc)
- mix all ingredients
- taste, and adjust seasonings
Next time I may add freshly-cut corn and fresh cilantro or rosemary.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.