You won't need many tools, so let's get started.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
1. Aluminum can.
2. Something to cut thin aluminum.
3. Metal vent hose clamps.
4. Flat head screwdriver
1. Some sort of bathroom (silicone
You can buy aluminum that comes rolled up with adhesive on one side, but:
1. I didn't need that much.
2. The adhesive might come unglued when wet.
3. The aluminum is much thicker, usually for auto body work or small plane repair.
Step 2: Prepare Aluminum
Drink the contents of your can! (This might be the first project where you drink BEFORE you start.)
Once the can is empty and clean, proceed to cut the top and bottom off. Then, cut the can down the middle.
My multi-tool was perfect: the blade handled the big cuts and the scissors handle the split very easily.
Step 3: Size the Aluminum Around the Broken Pipe
Step 4: Apply Caulk to Aluminum
1. It helps hold the sheet in place while fastening.
2. Once dry, it will help keep water from leaking out the sides of the aluminum.
Step 5: Fasten Aluminum to the Pipe
Go ahead, have another!