Introduction: PVC FIG RIG
This is a Fig Rig Steadicam made from PVC pipe. This parts, which can be picked up at Home Depot, cost about $10. Assembly took 30 minutes.
Step 1: PARTS LIST
Here is what you need to build the Fig Rig --
3/4" PVC PIPE - Cut to :
6" Length (6x)
3" Length (2x)
2.5" Length (4x)
1.5" Length (4x)
45 Degree Connector (10x)
"T" Connector (2x)
Endcap with 1/4" hole drilled in middle (2x)
1/4" 41/2" Long Size 20 Carriage Bolt
1/4" Nuts (2x)
1/4" Fender Washer
PVC Cement (Optional)
Step 2: ASSEMBLY
Assemble the main body as shown in the picture below. The camera mount will come next.
Step 3: Camera Mount
1. Drill a 1/4" hole through the middle of the PVC endcap.
2. Screw a nut onto the carriage bolt about halfway down.
3. Thread the bolt through the endcap.
4. Connect the endcap to a 1 1/2" length of PVC.
5. On the outer part of the carriage bolt, screw on another nut and tighten it with pliars.
6. screw on the 1/4" wingnut.
7. Place a fender washer above the wingnut.
8. Screw the bolt into the camera bottom and then tighten the wingnut.
9. Place the assembled mount into the "Cross" PVC connector and cement it.
Step 4: FINISHED PRODUCT
Shoot smoothly with your new fig rig!
superfreak1000 made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.