A new apartment means new furniture as cheap as possible, this story is one of a coat rack.
My brother in law had some nice slabs of wood from which I could have one. The first idea about the looks was born. That was until a friend of mine sent me a picture of a pallet shelf for his special beers. The question was asked and this story got a twist. I was the proud owner of some ugly old pallet wood. The design in my head was adjusted to match the wood and two lunch breaks later the wood work was completed. I ordered nice looking nail hooks, made ugly but functional brackets and me and my girlfriend had a nice coat rack.Materials:
About the Pallet coat rack:
- old rusty nails
- blank varnish
- steel, for the brackets.
- The wooden back plate is made with small screws from the back so they won't be visible.
- Big rusty nails were added, after drilling a hole to prevent splitting of the wood, and bend in the back. These are only for the looks.
- All the wood is varnished.
- The heads of the nails are varnished as well to prevent the rust from destroying clothing.
- Shelves were added. The blocks are screwed from the back. The wood in front and on the bottom is only nailed. The holes for these nails were also pre-drilled to prevent splitting. The blocks however are only drilled with a very small size drill to make sure the nails do their job.