When I saw the Total Control Lighting strands, the first thing that came to mind was sticking these on the front of my Jeep to create a 'Cylon Eye'. Installing them in the Jeep was a breeze, which then freed me up to tinker with the software. I now have a multi-mode Cylon Eye with a pretty purple control module in my Jeep.
In this Instructable, we'll be working with Total Control Lightings strands, Arduino programming, and the all new "Total Control Lighting Developers Shield Project Housing" that Cool Neon will be releasing at the upcoming 2013 Maker Fair in San Mateo California. (You saw it here first, folks!)
- Total Control "Awesome Dev Shield Box" Kit ( Seeeduino & TCL Developer's Shield wrapped in a
lovely Purple Anodized housing)
- 25 pixel Total Control Lighting strand (bullet shaped pixels)
- 1 TCL 4-pin male connector
- 1 TCL 4-pin female connector
- 12ft 4-Conductor 22-guage Lead Wire
- 12v -> 5v power supply (For this Instructable I'm using a cigarette->USB 5v adaptor)
- USB mini cable, for programming and power
- zip ties!
- velcro or mounting screws, depending on your level of permanence desired. :)
- 7/16" drill bit
- 1/16" drill bit
Also required is an awesome wife who is willing to let me drill holes in our jeep. Thank you Melanie! I love you!