You will need the following for this project:
- 3 to 4 Pallets - depends on the size of the pallets, you'll also want them similar in size.
- Vice Grips
- Pry bar/Crowbar
- Staple Gun - 3/8 inch staples
- Skill saw, jig saw, or preferably a miter saw (something that will make 90º cuts and 45º cuts)
- Screws; I used 3 different lengths of wood screws: 1 inch, 1 1/4 inch, and 1 3/4 inch
- Landscaping Fabric
- Additional treated wood from a lumber store, unless you have planks that are the total length of the bed.
The Pallet wood you will need to use will need to be heat treated. All pallets will have some marking or stamp on them indicating how they have been treated. You will need to get some that have a HT (Heat Treated) stamped on them to make this safe for uses with a garden. Steer clear of pallets with MB stamped on them, they have been treated with Methyl Bromide and can be dangerous if used for this project, since plants will be in contact with the wood and any chemicals in it.