Some background: I previously made a version of this costume in about 5 hours with some tape, cardboard, and spray paint about 12 years ago. The costume was passable, but boring and bland. This year I decided I was going to re-make this version to be more interesting, and more visually appealing.
I pulled together some ideas for texture, design, and flair to the costume, all while trying to keep it cheap and with the tools that I already had.
If you have better ideas about how to do stuff, post it - this outfit is FAR from perfect!
I do NOT claim to know anything about Roman history, armor, suits, etc. Please don't criticize me on it. I only wanted something that looked cool and was easy to make.
Also, any issues that may come from this are not my fault.
Step 1: Assemble tools and materials
MATERIALSTo make this outfit, I used:
- $FR.EE, from my work
- Given by a friend
- 1x1x~$5.00 a can (I already had these)
- $2.00 a bottle (already had this)
- $4.00 for 1 liter bottle (already had this)
- 2x $4.00
- 2x $2.00
- 6 inches $1.00
- already had one, probably $1.00
- 2x $1.00
Hot Glue Gun
Grommet tool (these are cheap)