Step 1: Materials Tools
- 4 Outdoor Trash Cans - bought mine at Ace Hardware for $24 each.
- 4 Cans White Primer Spray Paint for Plastic (I used Rust-Oleum brand)
- 4 Cans Red Spray Paint for Plastic (I used Rust-Oleum brand)
- 2 Large Trash Bags
- 1 yard heavy duty fabric (I used some left over denim)
- Black Webbing - for straps (2 yards per can)
- Hack Saw
- Staple Gun
Step 2: Cut Trash Cans
If you have any messy edges use really low grit sand paper or a file to smooth out the edges. I tried not to be too picky.
Step 3: Beer Can Shelf Straps
Cut out a rectangle of denim and staple it in the can to make a pocket. Make sure it is supported on all sides with staples so the cans don't fall out (see pictures).
Step 4: White Spray Paint
Let dry for a couple hours.
Step 5: Masking Prep
Step 6: Red Spray Paint
Let dry over night in a well ventilated area.