2 peaches (fresh), cut in half
3 oz. Southern Comfort
2 tsp. sugar
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup ice
1. Prep your grill to medium-low heat.
2. Grill peach halves directly on the rack (use grill cooking spray for best results!) over the medium heat coals for about 7 to 12 minutes. Halfway through the grill process, rotate those bad boys a quarter turn, so you get little grill "hash marks".Grill until tender and lightly browned with grill lines.
3. Remove peaches from the grill and let them cool. The skins should slip right off! Pop those suckers off, use a peeler if you have to (sometimes they are a little more stubborn than others!)
4. In a blender, combine grilled peaches, Southern Comfort, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon & lime juices. Make sure that the lid is on there tight, or you might get bathed in booze and peaches!
5. Blend on high for 30 seconds, then add in the ice. TURN OFF THE BLENDER BEFORE ADDING ICE. I feel like I should not have to say this, but we had an incident with one of our friends at my house that forces me to add this disclaimer. There was peachy bits everywhere...
6. Blend everything until smooth or your desired "chunkiness". I like mine really smooth, but my friend likes hers with little ice chunks. It's up to you!
This is also great with other fruits.