This is my entry into 'LET IT GLOW' contest.
I made this spinning rainbow light wheel from what ever the parts I have sitting in my shed. This project is a bit difficult to build, but the part are easy to get, I brought some part from the electronic store a while ago and I reused some parts.
This project not that expensive to build, it really depends if you reused parts or buy new parts. This project cost me about less than ÃÂ£10.
The spinning rainbow light wheel can be used in stores, business , parties, disco or advertisement to grab people's attention, or it can just be used for fun.
Please note that I am only 15 years old and I am not very good at grammar so if you find some parts of the instructable confusing, please let me know and I will try fix it.
Please beware this instructable involves building a high-speed device which can harm people if they touch this device during operation so I am NOT responsible if anybody gets injured by this device.
Ooh, just look at that beautiful rainbow... More great pictures on step 10!!
Step 1: Requirements
- Super bright red LED
- Super bright orange LED
- Super bright yellow LED
- Super bright green LED
- Super bright blue LED
- 7 1K resistors
- Solder (I used lead-free type)
- glue sticks
- small motor (you can find those motors inside a VCR)
- holder for the small motor (I used a small spool)
- Aluminum tape
- lots of wires
- Thin flexible wire
- VHS cassette that you don't mind destroying
- Masking tape
- 6v power supply
- 555 timer IC chip
- 4.7uF (or similar) capacitor
- 4.7K resistor
- 10K potentiometer
- 3 2N5551 NPN transistors or similar
- Temperature controlled soldering iron/gun
- Wire stripper
- Wire cutter
- Hot glue gun
- Long-nosed pliers
- a tool for cutting veroboard into pieces (I use dremel)
- Good using soldering iron/gun.
- Read schematics.