The bulb is held to the box by two small magnets that also is used as contacts for the power to it.
I got the inspiration for the project when I stumbled upon a web site describing a similar project.
In the last step of this instructable there are two videos of it in action.
Step 1: What you need
- Two UV leds
- One red led
- One PIC12F675 microcontroller
- Three 120 ohm resistors
- One diode
- Two light bulbs, one should have clear glass
- Two strong small rare earth magnets
- Two small screws
- A small piece of flat plastic
- A box
- Some tiny wires
- Soldering iron and solder
- Hotglue or epoxy
- A PIC programmer
- Clean water
- A highlighter pen