So this is my first Instructable, so bare with me if I don't make this correct. So I was one day watching my favorite and best movie of all time Ghostbusters. I was watching Stay Puft walk down the streets and I thought that does not seem to hard to make. I had an image of what I would need and started with the what I thought would be the hardest, the head. If I could get that done the rest would be easy sailing I figured.
Cheap large shirt and pants
Chemical cleaning boots
All in all relatively cheap, no more than a store bought costume
Step 1: The Head
I first found a good picture of Stay Puft's head online to use as a reference. I next got a thing of chicken wire. I just started bending and forming the chicken wire while connecting pieces by bending the wire together. As I put the top part onto the basic bulk shape I was shocked by how it had formed Stay Puft's shape so similarly.
I next debated on making Stay Puft's sailor cap out of something different or just make it out of chicken wire as well. I decided to give the chicken wire a try and again it came out actually looking like the sailor cap. I then attached the sailor cap wire to the head by twisting the end of the wires together.
Once the wire frame was complete, I Googled a paper mache recipe since I could not remember how to make it from those middle school years! Once I had recipe made up (hint add some cinnamon to the mixture, it makes the paper mache smell good!!), I started ripping pieces of news paper into long pieces and started laying them over the frame. I think I put two to three layers onto the frame.
Once the mache was all done, I got some high gloss white spray paint and painted the entire head. After painting I put my Stay Puft image into Photoshop and scaled the mouth and eyes to make a template. I then traced the template onto the head and cut the mouth out. I then made the eyes by coloring them in with black sharpie.
Next I got some felt that I hot glued the printed "Stay Puft" onto. I then hot glued the felt around the sailor cap and added a black button with a red piece of felt to the top.
Once the head was complete I went to building 19 to get some thick foam padding and epoxy glued them inside the head to make it so it would not fall off. It made a nice but incredibly hot fit, it even survived dancing.