Vote if you like it!
Thanks to Gothic-Valentine, an instructables member whom wanted to recreate my plasma rifle, and encouraged/helped me with this one. And also to all the commenter on my time machine.
The aims of the project were to create something with a mechanical action, a good amount of heft(weight) and also a nice finish, that looks like a movie prop.
I will try my best to instruct, but its a complicated one this, with a bit of rocky road to get to the final thing.
- 1 x 180 degree door hinge
- A couple of long metal brackets
- Dense cardboard/thick mount card
- Normal thickness mount card
- Lots of pva
- lots of super glue
- some scraps of leather
- black spray paint
- silver paint / silver marker
- some odd screws.
- lots of metal bits, and electronics scraps for decor.
- A couple of sections for creating the main bulk.
- a simple led circuit
- Stanley/ husky/ carpet knife
- Cutting surface
- Paint brush
Step 1: Cutting the main shape
- I created a simple paper template of the shape i was aiming for, and traced this onto card, to one side you can see the first template i made, which i was not happy with.
- Cut out 2 shapes out of the dense card/thick mount board
- Cut out a 3rd shape from corrugated card board
- Once your happy with the thickness, glue all three layers together using PVA glue
- Go all around the edge and force PVA glue into the holes in the corrugated card
- Wait for it to dry, normally over night
- I decided my handle was too up-right so i cut the shape for the barrel at the angle that suited best.
- as you will see later, i scrapped the card barrel you see in these pictures.