But suppose you jumped on the tablet bandwagon, but you don't have an iPad. Maybe you have a Xoom. Or a Kindle. Or something in between, like my 7" Galaxy Tab. Its hard to find cases for these. You can't walk into an Apple store or a Brookstone and pick up a accessories for them.
Sure you can get a case for your tablet... from the manufacturer. And it comes in any color you want, as long as you want black. So where are the cool accessories for you?
Well, gentle reader, the cool stuff is as close as your sewing room. Because I am going to help you make your own sweet gadget sleeve, no matter what kind of gadget you have.
This sleeve features ~
- cushy felt lining for extra protection
- exterior patch pocket for earbuds, sync cable, extra memory, etc
- button closure
- made from recycled / re-purposed materials!
Materials required ~
- rear quarter panel of a pair of jeans
- two pieces of felt (I used eco-fi brand)
- decorative button
- elastic hair tie
- marking pen (optional)
- sewing machine (optional, you can also hand sew, or use fabric glue on the major seams)
- iron (also optional, but recommended)