I have used toilet paper (TP) rolls for a while to keep cables wrapped up and organized
. During my last organizing spree I realized that they can actually be used to organize boxes of cables and wires quite effectively, too.
Step 1: Parts
- a cardboard box a little higher than the width of a TP roll (shoe boxes work great, I spray one end with primer so you can read writing what's in them)
- a bunch of TP rolls
- optional tape or glue if you want to secure the rolls together as an assembly
How many TP Rolls do you need? Well, not quite as many as we had collected for crafts for a friend's day care. :-)
The number would depend on
- how many cables/wires/etc do you want to store
- how many rolls would fit nicely into a row or column in your box
- whether you want to tape the rolls into a set assembly, or have them loose in the box so you can take out a cable in its roll.