What was I saying? Right! Girl Scout Cookies are awesome. But it's not always GSC season! (see what I did there?) So now you can make your own, at home, any time of year. And since it uses the same recipe base as Trefoils and Samoas, you can turn your kitchen into a cottage industry of cookie goodness!
Step 1: Ingredients
Just to have it handy, here's a repeat of those ingredients:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 115g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 250g (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (peanut allergies? try almond butter!)
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8-oz milk chocolate - you may notice my picture includes semi-sweet. Mistake! In fact, for an even more copycat type chocolate coating, use this one.