It's actually a "recorder", but this project will allow it to make sounds like a flute, recorder, or even weird space noises. Kids love this project!
We'll turn a $1.00 recorder into an electric instrument complete with breath "blow" sensor!
A Propeller Platform running some synthesizer code provides the sound for this fun instrument.
You'll have a choice of converting the instrument to become fully electronic, or adding synth features to the existing instrument.
Here's what you'll need
* A Propeller Platform (Gadget Gangster)
* A Protoplus Module (Gadget Gangster)
* Five 10K resistors (Radio Shack)
* Four Tact switches (Radio Shack)
* A Piezo Transducer (Radio Shack)
* Some wire (Radio Shack)
* A toy recorder (Local Discount Store)
* A soldering iron & hot glue gun
We are going to create two different circuits for our instrument. (Picture 2)
The switch circuit for our four tact "finger" switches, and a piezo circuit for our breath "blow" sensor.