Introduction: The Paper Puzzle
Step 1: Materials
There are two versions depending on available materials:
Paper Template 1
Paper Template 2
Step 2: Paper Templates
- The longest side of the paper has to be devided in 8 parts and the shortest in 4 parts.
- The final length of the toy will be the lenght of the side devided in 4 parts.
- If you want the toy to have cubes, then the longest side has to be twice as big as the shortest, otherwise you'll get rectangles.
- It can be made in any size. The bigger it will be, the thicker the paper should be.
- The only difference between both templates are the 8 flaps for the glue. In this instructable I'll make version 1.
Step 3: Folding
Instead of drawing the lines (that dirts the paper) I fold the paper in halfs till I get the number of divisions wanted.
Step 4: Cutting
- The red lines in these templates show where to cut the paper.
- To make it easier, fold the paper half and cut it as shown in Picture 3.
- To cut the middle part just pop up the paper and cut it. (Picture 6)
- The purple areas in template 2 show where you have to stick the flaps.
Step 5: Sticking
All you have to do now is to stick the extremes of the paper in the middle as shown in the pictures.
Step 6: Lets Play!
The video (sorry for the quality) shows how to play with the paper puzzle. Enjoy!