Here I am again with my latest instructable, an awesome & professional looking pendant lamp made of cardboard, and that too totally handmade, which means you don't need any 3D softwares, laser cutter etc. The best part is , it's very simple and easy to make, and once you finish it no one can tell that you have not used any cutting or 3D design tool :-).
So lets get started.
Step 1: Stuff that you will need
- A cardboard sheet, I had a big sheet because my metal bed came in that. The type of cardboard used is Triple Wall (see more details about cardboard types here)
- A heavyduty cutter.
- Elmer's glue or Fevicol (in india, I used).
- 1 Tracing paper
- 1 Carbon paper
- An electric cord with bulb holder
- CFL or Bulb or LED strip (will tell you later about this)
- A pencil
- A measuring scale or rular.
- Patience..My Friend...Patience. :-)
Step 2: Preparing the raw material
We need to cut about 140-145 strips of cardboard about . The size of each strip is 12 x 2 cms (Length x Width), in my case.
See the images above, how I had drawn the lines on cardboard to cut strips and the end result.
TIP 1: The thickness of my cardboard was really good and my cutter was sharp but i noticed that cutting the board like paper was leaving the strips with rough edges, so heres what I did. I placed the cardboard little off the table and started cutting as if I am cutting a small piece of wood using saw. This resulted in smooth edges. See the image above for this explanation (sorry its little blurry)
TIP 2: Keep some coffee next to your cutting table ;-), I kept water as well :-)
Congratulations!! You just finished the boring part, lets jump to the interesting one.