Just follow these easy steps and learn how to re-purpose a Large men's sweater into a Large doggie sweater.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
Large Men's sweater
Measuring tape (if you don't have one a piece of ribbon or yarn will do)
Step 2: Remove Sweater Arms and Sew Armhole
2. Measure the area surrounding your pup's arms at the body, add 2 inches and divide # by 2. With sweater laying flat, measure this # up from the pit of sweater and pin. (Refer to Note 1 in photo.)
3. Sew from the collar to pin making sure to back stitch beginning and end. (Refer to Note 2). Hem the opening and sew or stitch to make arm holes.*
* I recommend a zig zag stitch to prevent fraying along all cut edges from here forward!
Step 3: Cut and Sew
2. Cut the top layer vertically (bottom to top) 2 inches from the seam on both sides up to the pin.
3. Cut top layer side to side from the 2 inch allowance.
4. Fold the excess 2 inch fabric over the existing seam and pin to produce a hem.
Step 4: Cut and Sew... part 2
2. Using a ruler as your edge, cut from the collar to the open body.
3. Now sew like you mean it!