Pashmina Suleyman (below, in the only clear photo of her known to exist) and her partner Kutchima (AKA Koochie Mama), the famed Uzbeki spies, wear these to blend in with the San Francisco natives during intelligence-gathering missions. They are often mistaken for wizards, but that is silly because wizards aren't real.
You COULD, of course, wear a hat of this style if you were dressing up in a wizard COSTUME. That would be silly too, but in a good way.
Step 1: Tools & Materials
- a half yard of some fabric or other
- a half yard of stiff interfacing
- a small amount of polyfil or other stuffing
- optional decorative trim
- sewing machine (you could sew by hand if you had to)
- measuring tape
- pins are helpful but not vital