The original Beast sniper conversion was awesome, and still in use today. That gun, however was my friend's, so I don't get to use it anymore. To remedy this, I completed the logical step, and built another. This gun works on the same basic principle, but is in reality a whole different animal.
This one has a lot more upgrades, better balance, cleaner lines, and generally more whoop-ass packed into a sleeker and sexier package.
What follows is a set of instructions and a discussion of this gun and others like it.
Step 1: What's new, pussycat?
- Based on a Tippman 98 Custom paintball marker
- 22 inch Angel Custom tight-bore barrel
- Drain-cock loading valve
- Open breech
- Home-built stock
- Home-built under barrel canister rack
- Modification of gun body required
- No hop-up
- Open-backed Airsoft barrel
- Based on a Spyder MR1 paintball marker
- 20 inch stock tubing barrel
- Rotating external bolt loading system
- Vented breech
- Modified Spyder stock
- Screw-in canister attachment
- No gun body modification, only removing a few parts
- Gas-direction system in the back of the Airsoft barrel