In the photo the wear edge is not finished, but only ready for fitting.
- Angle iron from a bed frame
- 1/4 inch bolts and nuts
- Angle head grinder, cutting and grinding wheels
- Measuring and marking tools
- Vise-Grip pliers
- Keyhole saw with a fine blade
- Flux core wire feed welder and 230 volt stick welder
Step 1: Make flats from angle iron
Step 2: Mark and cut the shovel edge to make it straight
Then I cut on the marking line with a fine saw. (Second photo. The saw is from a previous Instructable I did. In this Instructable I showed how I fitted a blade from a common reciprocating construction saw.) Use a file as necessary to make the fit between the edge of the flat and the front of the shovel fairly close.