Our plastic snow shovel works well, but I wanted a steel wear edge to handle snow "glued" to the concrete after freezing rain and to prolong the life of the shovel. We are somewhat "snowed in" right now, so I wanted to use materials in my shop. I chose to use some steel from an old bedframe because it is so hard and will wear very well.
In the photo the wear edge is not finished, but only ready for fitting.
- Angle iron from a bed frame
- 1/4 inch bolts and nuts
- Angle head grinder, cutting and grinding wheels
- Measuring and marking tools
- Vise-Grip pliers
- Keyhole saw with a fine blade
- Flux core wire feed welder and 230 volt stick welder