The desk consists of four pieces.
- table top
- 3 drawer cabinet (writing supplies, computer cables, etc)
- 2 drawer file cabinet (drawers are sized for hanging file folders)
- printer cabinet
I chose to build it this way because it is easy to transport, and it can easily be shifted around to a new room if I chose to move at a later time. I also chose a fairly simple construction, no crazy joinery, and tools that every basic wood shop would have.
- 3 (4'x8') sheets of 5/8" mdf (I would have liked to use maple veneer plywood, but its about 3 times the price)
- 2 (4'x8') sheets of 1/8" mdf or hardboard
- 1" brad nails
- 5/8" brad nails
- wood glue
- wood filler (for nail holes)
- 5 pairs of roller tracks for the drawers
- 7 drawer handles
- 1 pair of cabinet door hinges
- 1 gallon of primer
- 1 gallon of paint
- brushes and rollers
Feel free to build as many or as few cabinets as you need to suit your application. And if you build one post some pictures!
Step 1: Necessary Tools
The tools I used were:
-paint brush and roller
-drill bit and driver