With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
(9) NEW Update 8/20/15 Morphed Into Emergency Portable Solar Power (see step 10)
(2) Antique Crank Phone Hack
(6) Perpetual Calendar DaKine Plastic
(16) Power Distribution Panel For Pluggables
I added a small uF value 18 volt electrolytic capacitor across the DC output of the rectifier to smooth out any ripple and got an increase in voltage to 15 volts and on the 6 volt side to 7 volts. I also added an ne2 neon indicator for 110 volts and a momentary switch to discharge the capacitor.
I added a small value electrolytic capacitor across the output of the rectifier to smooth out any ripple and got an increase in voltage to 15 volts and on the 6 volt side to 7 volts. I also added an ne2 neon indicator for 120 volts and a momentary switch to discharge the capacitor. I find the charging abilities of this charger on a car battery to be better with the additional capacitor because the battery goes to full voltage. I use it to charge the batteries on both my portable solar carts when the sun is not out.
(4) Variable AC Power Supply With A Twist:
Uber Cart !
This reminds me of the light bulb Hams used to use for tuning a transmitter. I may try this circuit some time next winter. Currently I recharge my rechargeable batteries using an AH55 DC/DC Converter set to 3 volts for 2-1.2v NiCads (2.4v) @ 300mA. I find there is no heating of the batteries using the top of my index finger to feel for heat. As a result I find I can leave them all day on the portable solar with no worries and they come out with a full charge. I run alkaline batteries in solar garden lights and they don't seem to have any negative effects as well.Your solution, for me, is unique so I think I will put something together this winter.Winter is building time because of the Boredom Factor where I live in Idaho.
Yeah, government always has to get their greasy little fingers into your business.
Solar Power and Pluggables
(7) Zero To 132 Volts AC or DC !
(14) Power Cords For Small Solar Appliances
(8) That Was Easy Mic Switch Or CW Bug To Enable The Disabled
(13) Push Button Syringe Microphone Switch
(12) WattsUp Meter Installation (Pluggables Update 9/9/13)
(10) Portfolio Solar Landscape Flood Lamp HACK (Update 9/27/13)
(3) Greeting Card Hack:
Join 2 million + to receive instant DIY inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2016 Autodesk, Inc.