With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
Tell us about yourself!
Use a vacuum cleaner. remove the battery and SIM (if possible) IMMEDIATELY!! Wrap your hand around the hose end so you can make a "seal" to the phone. Go all around the battery opening and switches, headphone jack etc.It works in a few minutes as opposed to the desiccant method (rice, silica) which are recommended to take 24-48 hours in a bag or container. The best thing is to get the water out AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. It may not work for puke (or puck like spelled below) because it has stomach acid in it. In that case actually rinse the phone in cold clean water (assuming you already removed the battery) and then vacuum it immediately.
Hey my phone got wet i got it dried but when i turned it on the display was perfect but the touch screen is not working at all i have tried every method they told when i did some research so can you please help and tell me how should i get my touch screen work
My phone had got damp (not soaking wet, but some moisture got inside) and would not turn on anymore, even after waiting a couple hours. But I thought about putting it in the refrigerator because I knew that it dried things out (e.g. would dry foods no properly wrapped). So I put my phone on the fridge door for about 30 mins. Took it out, put battery and everything back in, and it turned on like normal. So I can confirm that for my case, the refrigerator may help with a moisture problem.
Rice really does work!!! I dropped my phone down the toilet last night and didnt know what to do so in the morning i did some research and was told to use rice. I dismantled my phone and put it in a travel mug full of rice and its already being more responsive than before! I cant send texts and the time is messed up but apart from that its almost ok.
it actually does. put it in a plastic bag with rice on a heating pad on and off for a day Works like charm. Have saved several phones ans so have others i have told
My son pucked on my phone a Samsung s5 it was only covered in vomit for a whole of a couple minutes, I cleaned it off took the battery out and put in rice in an air tight container over night. It turns on but does not charge it's on 5% now and I dunno what to do?! I can't afford to loose the phone as it has all my sons baby pictures on it, so any tips will help thanks guys ?
SECURITY STICKER,WHEN U BY THE PHONE COAT THE WATER DAMAGE STICKER WITH A THIN COAT OF SUPER GLUE,IF YOUR PHONE GETS WET IT WONT CHANGE
Have you foun a solution? My iPhone fell in the toilet and wont respond to touch.
Join 2 million + to receive instant DIY inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2016 Autodesk, Inc.