JULY 2013 Build Night with SUGRU
Instructables is sponsoring monthly build nights at makerspaces and hackerspaces around the world. Each month is a different theme and we will send you materials to run a workshop at your space.
JULY BUILD NIGHT
We are partnering with sugru for our July 2013 build night. Sugru is the exciting new self-setting rubber that can be formed by hand. It molds like play-dough, bonds to almost anything and turns into a strong, flexible silicone rubber overnight. Sign up for the July build night and we will ship you several packages of sugru to experiment with. Details below (please read all the information).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Host a Build Night: pick a night in July (any night) to host the sugru build night. At the event experiment and play with sugru.
- Post Five Instructables: post 5 Instructables using Sugru. This can include: making products more ergonomic, simple fixes, or more advanced uses. You have 1 week after your build night to post these projects. Anyone from your space is welcome to post an Instructable that counts towards the 5. (Not posting these Instructables may affect your chances to participate in future build nights).
- Brownie Points (not required): after the build night post a forum topic on Instructables about your event. Include pictures, stories, etc... Here are two examples from the May build night: Noisebridge and Makers Local 256. We may even feature your photo on the homepage.
Use the build night as a launch pad to bring your makerspace towards Instructables sponsorship. Individual projects can be included towards the sponsorship AKA get people to post new Instructables to count towards sponsorship.
We have 100 spaces available and it’s first come first serve. Please only sign up if you are able to complete the requirements listed above. You must be associated with a formal makerspace or hackerspace to participate. SIGN UP HERE.
- Instructables Sugru Projects
- Instructables App (for documentation during the build night): iOS and Android
JOIN OUR ANNOUNCEMENT LIST
If you are interested in being directly notified about future build nights fill out this form. You will receive an e-mail when the events are announced in the forums. If you have signed up for a past build night or this build night you are already on our announcement list.
Questions? post in the forums if you have any questions