Metal on Metal Glue

Is there such a thing? What's it called?

sort by: active | newest | oldest
1-10 of 18Next »
kelseymh8 years ago
Hey, W'burg. I know you've gotten answers to this question already. However, you (and others who read this), might be interested in It's a very narrrow database to answer questions exactly like yours. I have used it several times, and so far the recommendations have been accurate.
Weissensteinburg (author)  kelseymh8 years ago
That's a really cool site, thanks.
You're welcome! The senior tech in my lab turned me on to it, so I can't really take any credit.
Tell the senior tech I love him (or her).
im trying to connect a small piece of metal perpendicular to another larger piece. so should i go for JP or epoxy? it needs to have a strong shear strength...
Epoxy is crappy for moments or shear support. It's really great in tension and compression. For your application, you either need to weld or solder, or you need a backing plate with bolts or rivets.
I doubt epoxy will hold at all.
trebuchet0310 years ago
JB WELD!!!!! Or JB qwick (I think that's how they spell it). Qwick is ready to go in 5 minutes - but has slightly less holding power.

Plus, JB has holding power in the Kpsi range and works in moderate temps (I think less than 500 or 600F).

Here's a tip though.... it won't work well on small surface areas for some reason. It needs a decent sized surface ;) I'm also not sure how well it works with vibration :/ And I will attest to it's holding power -- it held together the UCF HPV in '05 after some surgery between races :P
JB WELD IS GOD!!! that's some of the best stuff i've ever's got good holding power as far as "pulling" forces (think gluing two peices together and pulling straight apart) and really good shear strenght (think gluing two peices together and twisting them apart)...i don't have welding equipment or a place to sometimes i use JB to glue projects together that i would normally prefer to far none have come apart
Weissensteinburg (author)  trebuchet0310 years ago
From their website it looks good, how much do the tubes cost? I didn't see a price. And how much space exactly does it need? I need it for a monopod I made..
1-10 of 18Next »