September 2014 Build Night with Sugru
Deadline to sign up: Monday, August 4. Accepted spaces will be notified by August 6.
SEPTEMBER BUILD NIGHT
We are partnering with Sugru, the amazing self setting rubber, for our September 2014 build night. This is our 2nd build night with Sugru and we couldn’t be more excited! Sign up and we will ship you a package that includes:
(8) packs of sugru (1 pack = 8 mini packs)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Host a Build Night: pick a night in September (any night) to host a project build night using Sugru. You can host multiple build nights during September and October to work on your projects.
Post 3 Instructables: post 3 Instructables using Sugru. We are looking for these projects to showcase unique uses for Sugru. (Not posting these Instructables will affect your chances to participate in future build nights). Check here for some inspiration.
- 5 creative ways to improve your kitchen
- 5 ideas for sugru in your garden
- 11 ways to sugruify your keys
- 8 ways to make your GoPro even more amazing
- 10 ways to refresh vintage finds
- 12 musicians get creative with sugru
- 7 clever ideas sugru + velcro
- 20 sugru holiday hacks
- 20 ways sugru can improve your crafting kit
- Brownie Points (not required): after the build night post a forum topic on Instructables about your event. Include pictures, stories, etc... Here are two examples from past build nights: Noisebridge and Makers Local 256. We may even feature your photos on the homepage.
The two spaces that submit the Instructables with the most unique use of sugru will receive a copy of the Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate (first prize) and a Nikon D5200 Digital SLR Camera (second prize).
Dynamic Motor Balancing with Sugru and an iPhone by Phoenix Asylum
First Prize (DSLR Camera):
Poor Mans Fire Works by ShakeTheFuture
Honorary Mentions (Instructables t-shirts):
Sugru Raspberry Pi Corners by Geekspace Gwinnett
Stop Motion Puppetry with Sugru by Hitchin Hackspace
SIGN UP - Please only sign up if you are able to complete the requirements listed above
This is a 2-step sign up process. YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH TO FULLY SIGN UP.
- Fill out this google form.
- You will then receive a private message in your Instructables inbox by August 6 asking for your shipping information. You cannot receive the Sugru materials without completing this step.
Selection Process: This is NOT first come first serve. We look at past build night participation, past project quality, and project proposals for the current build night. If you haven't participated in a build night OR haven't submitted Instructables for build nights you signed up for we suggest your space create Instructables over the next few months and submit them in future applications.
JOIN OUR ANNOUNCEMENT LIST
If you are interested in being directly notified about future build nights fill out this form. You will receive an e-mail when new events are announced in the forums. Please only sign up if you are not already on the build night mailing list.
ABOUT BUILD NIGHTS
Instructables is sponsoring monthly build nights at makerspaces and hackerspaces around the world. Each month we partner with a different company to send you materials and/or tools to run a workshop at your space. In return your space posts Instructables from your build night.