TV signal from security camera system to a computer monitor.

I have a security system and I have 2 good, working monitors (22").

I would like to hook the two together so I don't have to buy a TV set just to watch one channel.

Do not need sound.

Any ideas?

sort by: active | newest | oldest
qquuiinn4 years ago
get a VGA splitter
GrumpyOldGoat (author)  qquuiinn4 years ago
I need RCA to VGA.

I suppose I could hook up the second monitor to my computer using this and play freecell in stereovision.
caitlinsdad4 years ago
Sounds like you need a composite to RGB converter No one really does that anymore since TV has gone mostly all digital.  You might still need some adapter cables to fit though.  It is one of those cases you spend more to comply than to get a whole better new updated system or in your case a TV.
GrumpyOldGoat (author)  caitlinsdad4 years ago
I suppose I could just buy a cheap TV at the Salvation Army Thrift store.

It's just the monitor is a flat screen 22" LCD with less than 40 hours on it.
If the security system only output composite TV signal, the resolution was probably not as high as you get today even with bare VGA so it would look pretty awful on an LCD monitor.
GrumpyOldGoat (author)  caitlinsdad4 years ago
Just an RCA plug.
Video capture card for your PC. Or you can get a USB video capture device if you have a laptop.
GrumpyOldGoat (author)  mpilchfamily4 years ago
No computer involved.

Just the security camera unit and a monitor.

It normally feeds a TV.