It is designed to plug in to a car 'cigar lighter' socket and display the voltage on a remote LED display. Here are the plans to make your own.
Step 1: Parts and tools required
- 3mm plywood sheet (around 1/3 sheet of A4)
- Wood glue
- 2 x M3 machine screws (around 12mm long)
- 2 x M3 nuts
4-digit LED display
- I used this one from SunTekStore (but available at other places including eBay):
- I used this one from SunTekStore (but any switch would work):
- 2m of twin (red/black) cable
- 'Cigar ligher' type plug
- Access to a laser cutter - such as at your local hackspace
- Soldering iron and solder
- Side cutters or wire strippers
- Posidrive screwdriver
Step 2: Cut the enclosure
The .dxf file is attached here. It is also attached as a .pdf for viewing. You are cutting 5 pieces (rather than the 4 shown in the photo) which will all stack on top of each other to create the enclosure.
Please feel free to adapt this as you would like.
(Edit 15/11/12: New version of the .dxf files has been uploaded)