After wearing myself out playing Wii Boxing I got to thinking wouldn't it be great if I could use this to control my robot, (looking to my left hand).
Looking around the internet I found a bevy of people doing similar things, (links to everyone just below the video). So what follows is a re-packaging of all their hard work, resulting in a robot controllable by both the Wii nunchuck's joystick or more interestingly its accelerometers.
A quick video of my Arduino Controlled Servo Robot - (SERB)
being controlled by a Wii nunchuck.
- (here) - Arduino Code - Chad at WindMeadows.com has written excellent arduino code for reading the Wii nunchuck. Code which I have included pretty much verbatim in this project. if you're interested in more technical details this is where to look.
- (here) - Nunchuck Details - WiiLi.org has a great wiki about all things Wii, this is a link to a page that describes the nunchucks protocol and how to calibrate your nunchuck.
- (here) - WiiChuck Adapter - Tod of todbot.com very kindly produced a small adapter to make plugging your nunchuck into a breadboard particularly easy.
(if you have an Arduino nunchuck project you've completed drop me a line and it can be added here)
- (here) - Wireless Nunchuck Control - Frank over at Society of Robots went one step further adding a wireless link so he can control his Arduino robot with all the tilt and twist fun from afar.
- (here) - Nunchuck Controlled Pan and Tilt Camera - Using a Nunchuck and an Arduino to control the pan and tilt of a camera.
- (here) - Nunchuck and Arduino Controlled Canoe - Finally a rather epic project that uses an Arduino, nunchuck, servos and small trolling motor to drive a Canoe.
To check out more of our lovely open source projects - oomlout.com