These costumes are inspired by their "The Robots" music video. So, it's only appropriate to listen while reading on. Look for the ties at the 0:25 mark.
Step 1: Materials
- Orangish-red shirt (I found these at Express)
- Grey slacks
- Skinny black tie (I bought some cheap ones here - no need to invest in anything fancy as you'll be modding them)
- 1 Sparkle Kit from Aniomagic in diamond
- 1 Sewable Coin Cell Battery Holder - 20mm
- Some extra coin cell batteries and conductive thread
- Hand sewing needle, that is small enough to fit through the soft circuitry components
Step 2: Mark your ties
Based on this mark, draw four more evenly-spaced lines down the tie for the placement of the other LEDs. I spaced my LEDs about 3cm apart.
Mark up each tie the same way, so they all have 5 lines.
Step 3: Sew Soft Circuits
My one change to that tutorial is with the battery holder. Sew on all the pieces as suggested on Aniomagic's site, then, with those two loose threads to connect to power, line them up with the corresponding /- sides of the board on the reverse side of the tie. Sew two new threads, one on each side connecting the board to the battery pack.
Plug in a battery after to see if it works! If your kit lights up, then congrats! If not, look through this helpful page to troubleshoot what went wrong.
Now repeat this on the three other ties.