This Instructable has been updated with better information and better construction, please view the 10" x 10" LED Infinity Mirror Instructable
Everything is Included in the Full 8"x8" Infinity Mirror Kit
(Discontinued in Favor of the 10" x 10" Kit)Materials Needed:
- 1x 8.5"x8.5" 1/8" Glass or Acrylic Mirror
- 1x 8.5"X8.5" Two-Way Mirror, kit includes 1/4" thick MirrorPane( brand name) *Careful the silvered side is easily scratched.
- 4x Side Pieces*, measuring 11.9" x 2.25"
- 4x Inner Walls*, 8.6" x 2"
- 4x Mitered Front Pieces*, 12" x 2", 45deg miters
- Pieces to hold the mirrors
- 32x 5mm LEDs
, diffused or water clear. Try Auto-Change LEDs
- 8 Channel LED Controller
- Stranded wire ~22ga. 8+ ft.
- Solid Strand wire, 22ga, 1 ft.
- 5v DC Power Supply with Matching Barrel Jack
- Krylon Fusion - Black or chosen colorTools:
- Tools for PCB building. (diagnol cutters, wire stripper, ect.)
- Hot Glue
- Small flat-point screw driver
- 5/16" Drill Bit*** and power drill
* The frame pieces included in the kit are Opaque 100mil Polystyrene. Acrylic could be substituted, it is harder to work with, but if you can make clean cuts its possible. Hard-Board ( Masonite ) could also be used, won't look as nice finished though. The same measurements can be used if the material is 100mil ( 0.1" ) otherwise adjust. Ex: 125mil acrylic, change the side piece from 11.9" to 11.875" & inner wall 8.6" 8.7" (they can be over length)
- The kit is supplied with a special glue for Polystyrene.
- Acrylic can use Methylene Chloride (Acrylic Cement, availible at hobby/crafts store) with chips of acrylic dissolved in it. Start with few chips and keep adding till its thick as corn syrup.
- Hard-Board, use a quality wood glue.
- Ask for the power and button holes to be drilled for you when purchasing your kit. Free of charge