Step 1: Materials
- LACK Side table from Ikea
- Square plastic containers to fit into table
- Pencil and measuring tape
- Drill and saw
Step 2: Moding the table
- With a measuring tape mark the centre point on the table.
- Place the plastic container in the centre and mark around around it where to cut.
- I have a shortage of decent power tools at home so to cut out the part of the table top I had to drill holes at the corners and used a hand saw to cut the rest (unfortunately leaving some rough and uneven edges).
- *Once your remove the part of the table top, there is a cardboard honey comb that needs to be cut out as well.
- Sand the edges smooth and check that the plastic container fits.
- Assemble the legs of the table if you haven't done so already.