The LED display controlled from a Windows PC over Bluetooth and LED diffusion techniques
Some examples of pixel art and animations running on the LED display
Contents of the PIXEL Guts Kit
In this Instructuable, we'll show you how to:
- Do an LED matrix art project with 1,024 RGB LEDs with no coding or soldering
- Control the LED matrix from an Android device (over Bluetooth or USB) or a Windows PC over Bluetooth
- You can display static images, animations (using the animated .gif format), and scrolling text.
- Enclosure of your choice
- PIXEL Guts Kit or PIXEL Maker's Kit if supplying your own LED panel - Available from Seeedstudio and Adafruit
- Mounting template for the LED panel
- Android apps (free) or Windows PC app
Disclosure: I am the creator of the PIXEL project and receive a portion of revenue from the PIXEL Guts kit.
For DIYers, here's an alternative/lower cost way to do the project.