These healthy whole wheat pizza buns can be filled with your favorite toppings.
Make them in a college dorm room, or in your office.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups shredded mozerella
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups of your favorite pizza toppings
Step 2: Make the Dough
2. Add salt and flour. Mix until the dough sticks together. Knead dough until it becomes smooth, about 10 min. Add water as needed.
3. Put the dough in a bowl, cover with and cloth and allow to rise for about an hour, or until it doubles in size. Placing the dough in a warm spot will help the dough rise faster. Prepare the filling while the dough is rising.
4. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and form balls.
Step 3: Prepare the Filling
2. Stir shredded cheese and tomato sauce into chopped topping mixture.
Step 4: Fill the Buns
2. Place 2 tablespoons of topping in the middle of the dough.
3. Pull the side up, twisting to seal the dough.
Step 5: Steam the Buns
2. Steam for 15-20 min. Add water to rice cooker as needed