Introduction: DIY Bluetooth Receiver for Any Amplifiers Under 3$
Second Prize in the
Battery Powered Contest
Today I found some old Bluetooth mono headset its kinda useless for me since you know it looks weird when you are wearing it so I tried repurposing it now lets see what can I do with something with bluetooth and audio capabilities.... Well the first thing that came up in my mind was another BT boombox or amp, we all know thats common here so I tried something new and much simpler!....
STREAM your music on any Amplifier via Bluetooth. its that simple and I asure you It wont even cost 4$+ well unless you buy a mono headset. which is something like 10-40$,but any ways let me show you the things you will need
A 3.5mm JACK or a 6.5mm guitar amp jack 1-2$
Some thin wires like 28 AWG wires
And the important part the BT mono headset.
Step 1: BT Module
ok lets start off by choosing your Bt mono headset, lets say you have one already, but wait does it sound nice? try testing it by putting it on your ear and try listening to some music...Go to the last step on how to do this....If the sound is acceptable then feel free to continue reading this guide and if not might as well make one I mean who uses these bluetooth mono headsets right :D
You can recycle other Bluetooth modules from other audio devices that you are not using. Example like those bluetooth speakers, fake bluetooth headphones there are dozens of them to recycle and repurpose its just this is the only Bt module I have lying around here
~TIP~ RECYCLING 2CH. Bluetooth HEADSET is better when it comes to sound quality
Step 2: OK Disassemble That Useless Headset
Most BT mono headsets have no screws to disassemble the whole thing so look for the grooves on that edges and that is where we will start
1. Look for the grooves that is obviously the cover of the device
2. options to open it up 1st is a cutter slide through the small spaces and make your way to open it 2nd Is just use a long nose then just forcefully remove the cover.
Step 3: Know the Connections Going on
Believe it or not this I really easy Bluetooth aint that hard I mean the PCB is already labeled so dont worry when you get lost in the connections just make sure you know where is the + and negatives known as common ground
1. Look what inside the device and see if you can do something about it.
2. Get a picture of the connections just like mine to have a reference.
3. Know where is the charger connection, Audio connection, and battery connection
Step 4: Time to Remove the Small Speaker
Ok now that you know the connections on the PCB time to replace the small speaker with a JACK for my purposes I used a 6.5mm the ones used for guitar amplifiers.
1. from the title itself remove the small speaker
2. Cut the wires from the speaker leading to the BT PCB.
3. Once done you should be able to remove the speaker and its cap freely with out destroying the PCB
Step 5: Solder Some Wires
Now set aside the device and lets go to the plug
at the end of my RCA to 6.5 I soldered the + or red wire inside and then the Ground or black wire onto the exterior side or the RCA
1. Solder things properly
2. Get the other part of the casing and see if it fits just like mine
3. Using the gluegun apply some near the ends or the RCA plug to secure it on the old mini speaker hole.
Step 6: Nice and Stable
Basically All we need to do here now is to solder the wires onto the correct terminals on the PCB
ground to ground
Audio to audio terminal
just follow the block diagram and you will be fine come on this is super simple.
Step 7: PUT Everything Back
Now that you are done soldering things in place its time to put thing back together.
1. From the pictures you've taken put the battery the same way it was before and do for all the wires and PCB :D
2 Get the top cover and put it back then you are done the only thing left now is to teach you how to connect BT mono headset to your phone and play musics on it.
Step 8: ANDROID APP & APPLE
Download the APP BTmono from the android app store and then install it on your phone.
1. Turn on your phones BT and as well as the thing you made.
2. Open the app you just downloaded
3. After opening it you will immediately know what to do :D ...press the on button.
4. Once done you should now be able to play music via BT.
5. Common sense here umm. to test the thing out connect the module onto your amp.
6. Play your music on the phone ...do not use stock music player on a samsung phone it wont work better use the other app in color orange :D
7. Listen, tune the tone and then enjoy :D
VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS I DO NOT OWN "credits to them"
jshiroya made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.