In this instructable I am going to show you how to make an ikea LACK table stand on two legs. Even though this is a rather simple mod, it is going to get you quite a few puzzled looks.
I originally wanted to make the table stand on one leg, but even though it is stable enough to support itself I was afraid that it could break should somebody lean on it.
After I had finished the table it reminded me of the TV show Dexter. So I spray painted a quote on it and after distressing the letters a bit sealed the surface, to prevent wear.
I built a more stable version. You find it here.
Step 1: Stuff you need
- LACK side table, 55x55 cm (from ikea)
- Plywood or MDF board 1x55x55 cm
- Cheap rug (mine is 80x140 cm)
- Double-sided tape
- Wood filler (Spatula or something else to apply it)
- Paint (Paint brush)
- Rectangular block of wood, 4.5x4.5x36 cm
- Wood Glue
- Long screws
- Sanding paper
- Optional: primer, masking tape
- Hammer and chisel