Step 7: WiFi Arduino Shield (i.e. Light Shield 7) - Intro
- High efficiency switching power supply to convert 24VDC to 7.5VDC for use by the Arduino or Maple board.
- 24VDC passthrough to a 5-pin header compatible with the Light Brick 5.
- 3.3VDC regulated voltage derived from Arduino/Maple power supplies for powering the Microchip MRF24WB0MB integrated WiFi Module.
- Open-source Firmware available for both Arduino and Maple based on the async_labs WiShield offering significant improvements to the stability of the UDP stack as well as integrating Open Sound Control (liblo) functionality for easily controlling any device over wifi.
- Passthrough connection from either the Arduino or the Maple PWM output pins to the inner three connectors on a 5-pin header along with 24VDC and GND. These pins can also be used as general IO, or for PWM output to other devices such as motor control systems.