I love Wreck-It Ralph so I just had to be Vanellope Von Schweetz for Halloween! She's fun, she's crazy and she was perfect for me!
Isn't it perfect! Penolopy is Venellope! I gathered information on her specifics on the Disney Wiki, but didn't follow it word for word of course :)
Step 1: Tights
- Cut out pieces of cardboard that are an imitation of your leg.
- First, measure your leg from the top of your inseam to the tip of your toe, that is how long you want the piece of cardboard.
- Measure the circumference periodically down your leg, for example: my thigh was 20 inches around so I divided that by two (10) and then subtracted an inch (9) so at the top of my piece, I made it 9 inches wide. Then I measured my food and that is 8 inches around. I divided this by two (4) and subtracted an inch. So the other end of my cardboard leg was 3 inches.
- Wrap the pieces in cling wrap. I didn't do this at first and the cardboard stuck terribly to the tights.
- Stick your "legs" into the tights
- Draw out what you will be painting. Use painters tape to get cleaner lines, again, I forgot to do this right away but did it when I did the other side of the leg. One leg you want swirling thinner white lines. I did those bout 1 inch wide. The other leg will have thicker white lines going horizontal up the leg. I did those 2 inches.
- Paint on your white lines. Let them dry.
- Paint the purple stripes in the horizontal white stripes.
- Do this for one side of the leg and let them dry. I pried them up when I could to prevent sticking.
- When dry, turn over the legs and do the back. Make sure both sides line up.
- Once completely dry, take off the legs. If you didn't periodically pry it up, it will be more difficult to get off, but not impossible.