125Views13Replies

Author Options:

my dog ate alot of chocolate Answered

but hes fine hes eaten a poundof hershey kisses before so hes immune

13 Replies

user
aeromancy (author)2009-10-18

Chocolate is poisonous to dogs. As others have stated, theobromine is not very good for them. <a href="http://www.petplace.com/dogs/why-dogs-can-t-eat-chocolate/page1.aspx">See this article</a>

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user

hes immune cause a couple years ago he had the bags of hershy kisses(wrappers and all) shiny poop

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user

he got very sick afterward but hes ok now

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Keith-Kid (author)ReCreate2009-10-17

Whats a myth? That chocolate is bad, or that the dog is immune?

Chocolate is very, very, VERY bad for dogs! That's scientifically proven.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
ReCreate (author)Keith-Kid2009-10-17

It is? I always though it was a myth...

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Keith-Kid (author)ReCreate2009-10-18

Its not, and its got pretty serious effects.....

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Keith-Kid (author)ReCreate2009-10-18

Chocolate contains theobromine. A naturally occurring stimulant found in the cocoa bean, theobromine increases urination and affects the central nervous system as well as heart muscle. While amounts vary by type of chocolate, it's the theobromine that is poisonous to dogs.

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
lemonie (author)ReCreate2009-10-18

They can't metabolise theobromine, it can be fatal. However, Hershey's may not contain that much cacao, or the dog may have some genetic-mutation...

L

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer

user
Zaphod Beeblebrox (author)2009-10-17

no it isnt! they were real chocolates and they were my real grandma's and she yelled real curse words when he stole them!

Select as Best AnswerUndo Best Answer