Introduction: 2-Bottle Stomp Rocket
This project is very easy for anyone to make and is also very affordable to construct. All of the materials you can get at your local hardware store. This type of stomp rocket is different from any other because it uses (2) 2-liter bottles for propulsion.
Step 1: Step 1: Gather All of Your Materials
Materials to build the launching mechanism;
- (2) 10ft pieces of PVC pipe (only sold per 10ft)(extras can be used for other projects)
- (1) 5ft piece of PVC pipe
- (2) 9.5 inch pieces of PVC pipe
- (2) 8.75 inch pieces of PVC pipe
- (1) 1/2 inch tee (PVC)
- (1) 1/2 inch cross (PVC)
- (2) 1/2-1 inch bushing (PVC)
- (2) 1 inch coupling (PVC)
- (2) 1/2 inch pipe caps (PVC)
- (3) 90 degree elbows (PVC)
- (2) 17.5 inch pieces of PVC pipe
- (1) 15 inch piece of PVC pipe
- (1) 7.25 inch piece of PVC pipe
- (1) Oatey Handy Pack with Purple Primer and PVC Cement (brush comes inside container)
- (1) Roll of paper towels
- (1) big piece of cardboard
- PVC pipe cutters
- (4) 2-liter bottles (2 bottles are for an extra set also buy a drink that you know someone would drink so it would not be wasted)
- Black spray paint (optional)
- Hot glue
To Build the Rockets;
- (4) pieces of 8.5x11 paper
- (1) 8.5 inch piece of PVC pipe
- Hot glue
Step 2: Step 2: Cut Your Pieces
Cut your pieces to the desired lengths in the first step.
You would also use the pipe cutters in the picture of the materials or use a PVC saw.
Step 3: Step 3: Assemble Your Pieces
I was building the entire thing first before I permanently put it together
Dimensions are on the first page
The 9.5" are the ones that come out of the tee
The 8.75" are the ones that come out of the 90 degree elbow
Step 4: Step 4: Purple Primer and PVC Cement
This is so that you can obtain a nice seal so the you put all of the air into the rocket with no leaks
If you do this part you can not take it back apart so make it right the first time.
The primer and the cement have VERY STRONG odors so be in a open area
Also the pieces will not fall apart if you jump on it.
Step 5: Step 5: Drill Hole in Caps
I used a 1/2" drill bit and you would want to drill them all the way through and in the center
Step 6: Step 6: Glue Caps Into Couplings
This is a very easy step
Grab your hot glue and glue the outside of the cap and then insert it into the coupling
If you need more glue... then add more.
Step 7: Step 7 (optional): Paint It Black
I only used one coat of flat black spray paint
Step 8: Step 8: Make the Rockets
Use a 3/4" pipe to make the shaft of the rocket
make a 3.5" circle and cut a line that goes to the middle and make a cone for the top of the rocket
Use hot glue to secure the top to the shaft of the rocket, also it adds weight to the top
Cut out two triangles for the fins that go on both sides of the rocket towards the bottom
Step 9: Step 9: Have Fun!!!
Last but not least have fun!!
Participated in the