Introduction: A Clock of Retrograde Minutes and Jumping Hours
A desk clock with retrograde minutes and jumping hours mechanisms.
- Retrograde minutes : The minute hand moves reciprocally
- Jumping hour : Numerical hour display that changes instantly
Necessary parts (other than 3D printed matters)
- One SG90 type mini servo (I recommend genuine SG90)
- Microcontroller (codes for Arduino and micro:bit are provided)
- 2mm tapping screws
Step 1: Print Parts
- Print all parts (number of printed parts = 7) with supplied posture.
- Support structures are not needed.
- To give different colors to the texts and indices, change the material during print.
Step 2: Assemble
Step 3: Adjustment
- Codes for arduino (.ino files) and micro:bit (.hex files) are provided.
- Start from the test code. Adjust the position of the minute hand by changing 7 values in the source code.
- Copy the adjusted numbers to the clock code and flash.
Mar 16, 2022: I have added two parameters to tune the range of the minute hand.
#define RIGHT_END_PWM 560 // tune the position at 60min (right end) typically, 600 #define LEFT_END_PWM 2280 // tune the position at 0min (left end) typically, 2400
- Firstly, please tune the values above to adjust the right and left end of the minute hand.
- Then tune the individual values for 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 minutes.
Step 4: Enjoy!
- Adjustment of the minute hand is done electronically. Press tactile button(s) to move the hand.
- Adjustment of the hour rotor is done mechanically. Just rotate it by your hand.
1 Person Made This Project!
- Alavabeer made it!