Introduction: Aero Mint Chocolate Fudgy Cookies
Mint and chocolate is one of my favourite dessert combination, but it's very difficult to find it in the UK. I might be able to get mint chocolate chip ice cream from certain shops, a few brands carry mint chocolate and mint thins, but other than that, it's slim pickings. I've been craving mint chocolate chip cookies for a while now, but unfortunately, I've been unable to find green, mint chocolate chips. I could have used regular, mint dark chocolate, but I love green and brown colour combination, so I had to come up with something different. Hence the use of Aero Peppermint with its minty flavour and vibrant colour.
Those cookies are fudgy, chewy and almost brownie-like. They are not overly sweet (thanks to addition of dark chocolate) and have a nice balance of peppermint and chocolate. Ingredients are available in most supermarkets.
2tbs unsalted butter
75g + 15g Aero Peppermint Chocolate https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aero-Peppermint-Chocolate..
35g dark chocolate
1 medium egg
1/4 cup sugar (white or brown)
1/2 cup flour
2tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
1tbs corn starch
1/2tsp baking powder
Step 1: Measure, Prepare, Cut, Preheat
You have to have everything prepared before you start baking.
- Preheat the (conventional) oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Measure all ingredients and set them aside.
- Cut two small or one large piece of baking parchment (you will end up with 10 cookies, approximately 2inches big).
- Sift and whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and corn starch together.
- Chop 75g Aero chocolate and 35g dark chocolate, put in a heat-proof bowl and add 2tbs butter.
Chop the remaining 15g of Aero into very small bits, you will sprinkle them on top of the dough later.
Step 2: Wet Ingredients
- Melt chocolate and butter over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave (keep an eye on it, so it doesn't burn).
- Whisk one egg with 1/4c sugar for 5 minutes, until pale and frothy.
- Slowly pour melted chocolate into the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
Step 3: Cookie Batter (Dough?)
Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Use a spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Your batter will be runny at first, but once the chocolate cools, it will thicken.
Step 4: Baking
- Arrange cookie dough on the baking parchment, remember that they will spread a little bit, so leave enough space between cookies.
- Sprinkle liberally with Areo crumbs.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 9-12 minutes.
If you are new to baking or aren't sure about your oven, put one test cookie in the oven to figure out how long to bake it for.
Step 5: Enjoy
Participated in the
Cookies Speed Challenge