Introduction: Air-Nub Installation Guide
Step 1: Cut Off Most of the Legs
- Use a sharp knife to remove most of the legs.
- Leave some material behind for sanding in the next step.
Step 2: Sand the Legs Completely Flat
- Lay sandpaper on a flat surface.
- Rub the hop arm on the sandpaper.
- Remove a small amount of material at a time, and check your work often.
- Clean the sandpaper regularly.
- Keep the hop arm straight.
- Stop as soon as the arm is flat.
Step 3: Test Fit the Air-Nub
- Put the Air-Nub into the hop up unit window.
- Check the fit. It will probably be too long, and maybe too wide.
Step 4: Trim the Nub
- Remove a small amount of material with a sharp knife.
- It is better to remove a small amount, test fit, then remove a bit more.
Step 5: Test Fit Again
- Place the Air-Nub back into the hop up unit window
- Make sure it fits loosely
- A tight fit is bad. Trim more if needed.
Step 6: Remove the Backing and Install
Step 7: Install the Hop Arm
- Clean the hop arm (with acetone, alchohol or soap and water). Allow it to dry.
- Install the hop arm and pin.
- Push the hop arm down, into the Air-Nub.
- The Air-Nub should be stuck to the hop arm.
- Wasn't that easy?
Congratulations, you are done! Now you can move on to Air-Hop Installation, or test firing.
Note: If your gun is over hopping on the lowest setting, you can remove a small amount of material from the Air-Nub.
Back to Airlab.