Introduction: Arduino Interfacing With LCD Without Potentiometer
Aim: To interface 16x2 LCD with arduino without use of any potentiometer, breadboard, resistors
1. Arduino Uno: https://www.dnatechindia.com/arduino_uno_r3.html
2. 16x2 Alphanumeric LCD: https://www.dnatechindia.com/Alphanumeric-LCD-2x1...
3. Jumper cables: https://www.dnatechindia.com/jumper-wire-male-to-...
1. Arduino IDE
About this project:
In this project we will only be using a LCD, Arduino uno, jumper wires to display text on the LCD. We will use the digital pin 6 to control the contrast value of the LCD. The function to display text on the lcd will be | lcd.print (“Your text here”) |
1. Arduino Uno: https://www.dnatechindia.com/arduino_uno_r3.html 2. 16x2 Alphanumeric LCD: https://www.dnatechindia.com/Alphanumeric-LCD-2x16.html 3. Jumper cables: https://www.dnatechindia.com/jumper-wire-male-to-female-pack-of-40.html Softwares required: 1. Arduino IDE
Step 1: Procedure:
Connect the pins from the LCD on the Arduino digital according to the pins indicated in the table and schematic
Step 2: Code
1) Download the following code.
2) Open the following in Arduino ide.
3) Connect the arduino with your PC.
4) From the tools menu select the port and board correctly.
5) Hit the upload button and the text shall be displayed on your LCD.