Introduction: Arduino LED Dice Lights 2
This is a project using an Arduino kit to make a flashy dice rolling light show! Pressing the button causes the lights to flash one at a time then a random number of lights remain lit. This is a pretty easy starter project for those who are just getting acquainted with Arduino, and this is an update on a previous instructable I've already created. The updated Arduino has 10 lights instead of 6, requiring me to edit the code.
Step 1: Taking Stock
You will need:
- 1 Arduino Board
- 1 Generic Breadboard
- 14 Jumper Wires
- 10 221 Ohm Resistors
- 10 LED's of any color
- 1 Pushbutton
- 1 1k Ohm Resistors
Step 2: Connect the Components
Using the image as a guide begin with:
- Connect the LED's to the breadboard.
- Next attach the 10 221 resistors to the same lines as the LED's to the positive line on the outer edge.
- Then do the same for the push button and it's 1k resistor.
After that you can start to attach the jumper wires.
- Attach the first wire to the LED placed farthest to the left, but not on the same line as the resistor.
- Connect the other end of that wire to the slot on the Arduino board labeled 2.
- Follow the same step for the second wire, but attach it to -3
- Same for the next, but attach it to 4
- Same for the next, but attach it to -5
- Same for the next, but attach it to -6
- Same for the next, but attach it to 7
Same for the next, but attach it to 8
Same for the next, but attach it to 9
Same for the final wire, but attach it to 10
On the same side as the 1k resistor, but not the same line, attach a wire to the negative part of the bread board.
- Then attach a wire from the negative side of the board to the section labeled 5V
- On the far side of the button attach a wire so it connects to the section of the Arduino Board labeled 1
- Finally connect a wire from the positive side of the breadboard to the section labeled GND.
Step 3: Add the Code
Connect The Arduino Board to a computer and make sure you have the Arduino software installed, then use the code, available here.
Step 4: Press the Button!
Push the Button and you should be good to go
This project is based on this project: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/EvdS/led-dice-885cf1